Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

Quick & Easy Magazine Holder Upgrade

In an effort to declutter, I recently cleaned off our shelves & cleaned out the closet in the guest bedroom/office. One of the things that was quick and very cheap, with a great end result was this little project: an upgrade to the ugly cardboard magazine holders that I snagged from former job (before they were thrown away, just to be clear!)

Here's what I started with:


And here's what I used. I loved the colors and the room is light and dark taupe with light blue accents: Two scrapbook sheets for each magazine holder. They happen to be double-sided but only because I liked these designs. If you find a single-sided sheet you like, that definitely works. I think I spend under $2 on both, already had the sponge applicator and the infamous mod podge.


Pull the tabs out so you have a flat surface, trace the outline and cut, apply glue and place the paper onto the flattened magazine holder. Here's the end result. It took about 15-20 minutes total to do both.





Happy Weekend!

1 comment:

  1. These are the kind of details that make everything look classy! Excellent idea.(-:

    ReplyDelete