Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Last night we continued to crank out the back section of our privacy fence. We finished the pickets and now only have to attach the trim pieces. That may take a while as one of the pieces is pretty bowed so we've put a cinder block on the bowed side hoping it will flatten out in a couple of days.

I did get the window boxes that I'm putting out there spray painted w/a black hammered finish as the hubby wasn't liking the mundane gray plastic they were sporting pre-makeover. After a 2nd coat I filled them pansies. Well, maybe 'filled' is not the right word but I hope after some watering and a taste of fertilizer they will fill the boxes!

Came across a couple of reality checks last night: 1) we don't like the fact that cold, dark winter is right around the corner. It was pitch black at 7 last night. Doesn't leave much time for getting outdoor projects done after work; 2) I was really tired after helping out on the fence so this could mean 1 of 2 things: I've gotten too old to accomplish as much as I used to after work or that all the projects I worked on in this house over the last decade have just worn me down!

No comments:

Post a Comment