Wednesday, January 12, 2011
I'm still here....
I think I'm still in my post-Holiday depression. Maybe I'm not, but just can't stand the cold (unless I'm in the mountains strapped to a snowboard). Either way, I've not been very busy and have not had much to post about. BUT, that doesn't mean I haven't been stalking my favorites blogs. Every Day. Loyally.
Other than stalking your blogs everyday, here are some other things that I have been up to:
1) UnDecorating for Christmas.
2) Updating our house calendar with the goings ons of The Kellys.
3) A little shopping.
4) Learning more and more how to drive in snow.
5) Getting my reading done for my War & Peace book club meeting coming up Jan. 26
6) New Years Organizing that I somehow seem to want to do at the start of every new year, including a) food pantry, b) sock drawers, c) cabinets under the sinks in bathroom.
7) The biggest thing was to clean up our Coat Closet/HVAC closet/Broom Closet. It's not been cleaned out since my hubbs moved in. If I'd known the ugly little space would've looked so different afterwards, I would've snapped some pictures. I pulled out all of the coats and got rid of 3 coats that I not longer wore, leaving all of the misters in a pile on the dining room table for him to go thru. Then I pulled everything out, hung a 2' shelf for all of the cleaning products (which in turn caused me to have to move the broom/mop hanger, lower & under the shelf. Then I laid out some loose tiles that I was going to Freecycle & tossed a nasty 2x3 rug that was in there, put everything back while tossing unused items and WOW factor, I had a brand new coat closet. I'm ashamed I got no pics, but I really didn't expect it to turn out as well as it did.
The next few items on my short list include organizing our book shelves (which have also not been touched since shoving all of the hub's books in there with mine) and working on my dining room table inspired by this and this over at my girl Sara's blog, Russet Street Reno!! I will definitely be snapping pictures of these makeovers.